During the month of May we celebrate Asian American Pacific Islander (AAPI) Heritage! We’re excited to share resources and events that can support you and your students in celebrating AAPI history, culture, diversity and significant contributions of Asian Americans, Native Hawaiians, and Pascific Islanders have made this month and throughout the year.
We’d love to hear how you’re celebrating AAPI Heritage this month and every month with your students, so please send any resources, lesson plans, or pictures to email@example.com.
- Check out our exclusive screening of Tested: A Documentary and Discussion with Filmmaker Curtis Chin on Tuesday, May 24th
- Resources for teachers from asianpacificheritage.gov
- Resources from National Education Association
- Learn more about Teach For America’s Asian American & Pacific Islander Initiative
- Learn more about the White House’s Initiative on Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders and watch this video on how the White House Champions of Change for AAPI Art and Storytelling
- PBS celebrates Asian Pacific American heritage and history by sharing a collection of stories that explores the history, traditions and culture of Asians and Pacific Islanders